Have you ever seen rope charger plates used in a table setting before? They look amazing! They add depth to your tablescape, interest and texture! If you’ve ever seen some at Pottery Barn, they can run upwards of $50 per charger! So, I thought that I would go the DIY route at a fraction of the cost 🙂
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Clicking on an affiliate link does not result in additional charges to you or cost you anything extra. Click here to see my full disclosure policy.
How To Make a Rope Charger
- Scrap fabric to glue the rope to
- Jute rope. This is similar to the kind I got. I used about 50 feet per plate.
- Glue gun and glue
DIY Rope Placemat Tutorial
- Start with laying your fabric out on a table. You’ll need a piece that’s at least as big as you’d like your charger to be.
- Get your 50 foot length of jute rope. Take the end and curl it around itself. Glue the bottom of it to the center of your fabric.
- Then simply glue the rest of the rope to the fabric in a circular motion.
- When you’re all done, cut away the excess fabric and you’re done! You now have a gorgeous, DIY rope charger!
It took me about 30 minutes to make each charger. Not bad! Turn on some Netflix and go at it 🙂 I used mine on my Thanksgiving tablescape and loved how they looked! Check it out here.
Did you love this post? Don’t forget to Pin and share!